Today I will be sharing with you one of my favourite salad recipe. I have prepared this salad in a mediteranian style accompanied by a simple and refreshing salad dressing. It is a perfect salad for summer or can be used as a side with your favourite protein. If you are not a fan of Orzo, you can use the same ingredients and replace orzo it with your favourite grain.
|Cooking Time||Prepration Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||10 minutes||30 minutes|
Ingredients (serves 2 approx)
- Orzo Pasta – 2/3cup (cooked)
- Cucumber – 1 nos (chopped)
- Plum cherry tomatoes – 1/2 cup (cut in halves)
- Green onion – 2 nos (both head and greens chopped)
- Parsley – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Spanish Black Olives – 2 tbsp (sliced)
- Capers – 1 tbsp
- Roasted Pecans – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Low-fat Feta Cheese – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 + 1/2tbsp
- Lemon zest – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 nos (minced)
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Crushed Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- In a small mixing bowl add lemon juice, lemon zest, crushed pepper, minced garlic, oregano, salt and olive oil and give it a good mix. Store the dressing in the chiller, until you prepare the ingredients for the salad.
- Once all your salad ingredients are ready take a large mixing bowl add chopped cucumber, plum cherry tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped parsley, chopped capsicum, sliced black olives, capers and orzo pasta.
- Just before serving the pasta add the dressing and give salad toss gently.
- Finally garnish with roasted peacan nuts and crumbled feta cheese.
An easy refreshing salad recipe for your lunch/brunch, which can be prepared within few minutes. It can be enjoyed as a side or as a whole meal. Do give this orzo salad a try, prepared in a mediterranean way and share your experience.