Aglio E Olio pasta is one of the easiest, flavourful and quickest pasta to prepare. This spaghetti recipe hardly takes any efforts and will become your favourite on the first go. The first time I tasted this pasta was years ago and honestly the appearance was not at all appetiting and made me regret my choice. As I had always pictured a pasta creamy and coated with red or white sauce. Since then I have been cooking this pasta at-least twice a month. I have progressed preparing this recipe from authentic way to experimenting and adding additional ingredients, time and again to have different variations.
|Cooking Time||Prepration Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||10 minutes||30 minutes|
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Spaghetti Pasta – 250 grams (I’ve used wholegrain Spaghetti)
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 tbsp (thinly sliced)
- Fresh Red Chilli – 1 nos (de-seeded and chopped)
- Parsley – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Parmesan cheese – 1 tbsp (garnishing)
- Black pepper – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – boil the pasta
- Capers – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Place a pot of water on high heat, once the water reaches to boiling point add 1 tsp of salt and spaghetti into it. Boil it until Al Dente texture is achieved (when you bite into it, it should still be firm).
- Fill a cup of pasta stock in a mug before straining the pasta out.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat, immediately add olive oil into it along with garlic and red chilli into cold oil (This helps to bring out more flavour of garlic and chilli into the oil).
- Let the flavouring ingredients cook until the sliced garlic have turned brown in colour. Add crushed pepper, salt, finely chopped parsley and capers (optional) into it.
- Pour half a cup of saved pasta stock and give it a stir. Now add the boiled spaghetti and continue to stir until the ingredients have coated the spaghetti. Thats about it your spaghetti aglio e olio is ready to be served.
- In a serving dish add the pasta and garnish it with some, crushed pepper, chilli flakes, parsley, and parmesan cheese (generously).
A super easy and flavourful spaghetti recipe with barely any ingredients is a must try recipe. Give it a try and share your experience in the comment section below.