Well yet another Falahari dish, pakodi are usually deep fried dumplings using gram flour combined with a choice of vegetable. However, during Navaratri Kuttu(Buckwheat) replaces the gram flour but the process remains the same. It is very filling and can be enjoyed any time of the day. I personally enjoy the pakodi with some hot and tangy falahari chutney (recipe included).
|Cooking Time||Prepration Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||10 minutes||30 minutes|
- Potato – 2 Large (chopped in cubes)
- Kuttu (Buckwheat flour) – 2/3 cup
- Green Chilli – 4 nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Rock Salt(Senda Namak) – as per your taste
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Cooking oil – 1 cup (deep frying)
- Fresh Coriander Springs – 1 cup
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 2 tbsp (Cut in Julians )
- Green Chilli – 5-6 nos (or as per your taste)
- Lime Juice – 1 nos (medium size)
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Rock Salt(Sendha Namak) – as per your taste.
- Place a medium sized cooking pot on medium heat, pour the cooking oil and let it rise to a temperature appropriate to deep fry.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl add the cubed potatoes, chopped green chilli, chopped ginger, chopped coriander, rock salt and the kuttu flour. Give everything a good mix, add 2 tbsp of water and mix. Do not add more water just enough for the flour coat the potato’s.
- Ensure that oil is hot by dropping a piece of the potato in the oil, if you see it rise to the top immediately, then you can carefully drop other coated potatoes individually.
- Reduce the heat to low and flip them gently, until you observe the potatoes have a golden colour.
- Continue the same process, until all the pakodi’s are cooked.
- Serve them hot with some Falahari Chutney.
- In a blending jar add coriander springs, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger julienne, lime juice, rock salt, water and blend everything together until you achieve a smooth paste like texture.
- Pour it into a serving jar or bowl and enjoy it with your pakodi’s .
Well yet another super quick and easy falahari recipe, which can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Give this recipe a try this Navratri and share your feedback, in the comments section below.