Pink sauce pasta, is a combination of both red (arrabiata) sauce and white (alfredo) sauce pasta. We all have a safe dish on our list which you can never go wrong with, my safe dish is this pasta. Infact some time back, I had cooked this pasta for a person, whose experience with pasta was always unsatisfactory. It went up to an extent that, he never ordered or prepared pasta until it was his last resort. However, when he had tried my own pink sauce pasta, he not only fell in love with the pasta, but also me. I know a lot of you would have found the last few lines, dramatic and cliche but believe it or not, that man now is my husband. This particular pasta has always been the most requested recipe by my friends and family. So I would like to dedicate this recipe to all you lovely people.
|Cooking Time||Prepration Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||15 minutes||35 minutes|
- Penne Pasta – 3 cups (boiled)
- Flour/maida – 1tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Tomato paste – 3 tbsp
- Processed Cheese – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cooking Cream – 3 tbsp
- Oregano – 1/2 tspn
- Ground Pepper – 1/4 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Garlic – 2 tbsp (minced)
- White Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Mushroom – 2/3 cup ( roughly chopped)
- Bell pepper- 2/3 cup
- Parmesan for garnishing.
- Water – 1 cup ( from boiled pasta )
- Place a small pan on low heat, once it is hot add butter and flour and whisk them together, until it turns frothy and has changed it colour to pale yellow.
- Now add milk and continue whisking until everything is come together and the mixture starts to thicken up. Your base of white sauce is ready keep it aside.
- In a large cooking or a frying pan, placed on medium heat add olive oil, once its hot add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until garlic has turned slightly golden.
- Now add onion and cook for a minute or until the onions have turned translucent. Once the onions are cooked, add mushroom and bell pepper and sauté is for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, oregano, chili flakes, freshly ground pepper and tomato paste and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Now it’s time to add the white sauce prepared earlier into the pot along with cooking cream and mix everything together, sauce would have thickened up by now.
- Use 1/2 of water kept aside from the boiled pasta and stir everything together.
- Finally add the boiled penne along with grated cheese and stir everything together. ( if your sauce is thick you can add more water to thin it up and evenly coat the pasta )
- Serve the pasta and garnish it with sprinkled parmesan cheese, oregano, chilli flakes and garlic bread stick/slice (recipe coming shortly) on the side.
Well festive season is on, so this is the time to share some delicious recipe with your friends and family. I have shared my very own version of pink sauce pasta, and its your turn to prepare it and share your experience, in the comments section below.