This recipe has helped me meet my sweet tooth cravings. Everyone has their own version of making protein rich snacks, this is one of mine. Gym enthusiasts can switch to these and avoid buying over priced protein bars sold in the markets. These homemade protein bars not only just taste better but can be easily prepared and stored for up to two weeks in the freezer.
|Cooking Time||Prepration Time||Total Time|
|60 minutes||10 minutes||70 minutes|
- Instant Oats – 150 grams
- Peanut butter – 4 tbsp
- Protein powder – 4 tbsp (double chocolate)
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Assorted nuts, seeds & raisin – 4 tbsp (chopped)
- This recipe makes up to 15 bite size protein bite. Gym enthusistes, who would like to meet their daily macros of protein, can double the quantity of the ingredients and cut them in 7 bars to obtain up to 30 grams of protein from each bar. ( protein content differ depending on the type of protein used )
- If you have a non flavored protein powder you can add unsweetened cocoa powder to achieve desired flavor. (Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3.5 tbsp).
- In a mixing bowl add oats, protein powder and mix it together.
- Next add honey and peanut butter and bring them together.
- Sprinkle some water to bind everything together.
- Line a deep rectangular dish with the parchment paper and add the protein bar mix and spread it out evenly with the help of the spatula. Garnish it with chopped nuts, seeds and raisins and press them gently.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 60 minutes and cut the protein bars in desired shape.
- I usually wrap each of the each protein bites in the butter paper and store it. This process makes it easier to carry it around and ensures they don’t stick to each other when taken out of the freezer.
I hope this recipe helps you to stay away from those extra calories and also let you achieve your daily protein targets. Do let me know how the recipe turns out for you in the comment section below.