Season for hot pipping soups is here, hence I bring to you a soup recipe which is fiber and protein rich and amazingly flavored. It requires very few ingredients and has naturally creamy texture. For people who are looking for weight loss this is one soup which can make you loose few pounds when consumed as dinner.
- Split green gram/Moong dal – 1/2 cup (soaked for 2 hours)
- Pumpkin – 1 cup (diced)
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (grated)
- Garlic – 1/2 (minced)
- Red Onion – 1 small (roughly chopped)
- Vegetable stock cube – 1/2 cube (dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm water )
- Warm water – 1/2 liter
- Ground Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Pumpkin seeds – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Place the pressure cooker on medium heat and add cooking oil, once oil is hot add ginger & garlic and sauté for a 30 seconds.Then add onion and sauté for a minute or until the onions are translucent.
- Add pumpkin, soaked split green gram in the cooker along with salt & pepper and give it a good mix. Then add vegetable stock and a stir them altogether and cover the presser cooker.
- Let the soup boil for 4 whistle on medium to low flame. Let it rest until the pressure from the cooker is released completely on its own.
- Blend everything using a hand blender or you can wait until the soup cools down and blend it in a regular blender and just boil it before you serve.
- Pour the soup in a mug or your desired soup dish, bowl or a cup and garnish with some pumpkin seeds.
As stated above, this soup can be prepared with easily available ingredients, but is still so flavourful and healthy. Do give this recipe a try and share your experience in the comments section below.