When winter season arrives, our body and mind tends to become lazy and all we want to cook are the simple, less time consuming easy or in simple words one pot meals. Therefore, I bring to you one of my favourite healthy, delicious, low-carb and protein rich bowl of vegetables and lentils, which is not only nutritious but very filling. A perfect way to end your day and meet your daily macros. This particular recipe is inspired by the Moroccan Harrira Soup but with a twist.
|Cooking Time||Prepration Time||Total Time|
|40 minutes||5 minutes||45 minutes|
- Whole brown lentil / Sabut Masoor Daal – 1 cup (soaked for 2 hours)
- Carrot – 1 Large (roughly chopped)
- White Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Celery – 1 Stock (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes -3 medium (blended into a purée)
- Green Chili* – 2 nos (finely chopped)
- Coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Parsley – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Stock cube – 1 nos (of your choice)
- Ground Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm water – 1litre
- Salt – as per your taste.
* Green Chilli is optional.
- Mix the stock cube with a liter of warm water and place it on the side.
- Place a cooking pot on a medium heat, add olive oil to the pot. Once the oil is hot add onion and sauté it until they are translucent.
- Then add celery, carrots, ginger & garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Now add soaked lentils with the vegetables along with coriander, parsley, green chilli, cumin powder, turmeric powder, pepper and tomato purée.
- Sauté the vegetables, lentils, spices and tomato purée until the raw flavour of the tomato dissipates, this takes approximately 4-5 minutes in total.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour stock in the pot, stir and cover the pot for approximately 30 minutes.
- Give the bowl of lentils a last stir and serve it hot along with bread sticks, warm bread roll or enjoy it all by itself.
Enjoy this one pot meal, a bowl of healthy, filling and super nutritious ingredients with your family and friends and do share your experience, by writing in the comments section below.