Avocado chocolate cake is very similar to a no frosting chocolate cake or a brownie. One easy and healthy snack often enjoyed, with a hot piping tea/coffee. I know its hard to imagine avocado in a cooked or baked form, as its usually enjoyed raw in shakes, smoothies, spreads or as a dip. This recipe was a mere experiment, but it surprisingly turned out to be success.
|cooking time||preparation time||total time|
|15 minutes||2 hour||2 hours and 15 minutes|
- Avocado – 1 mashed
- Wheat flour – 3/4 cup *
- Jaggery – 1 cup *(powdered)
- Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 + 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 + 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp *
- Milk – 1/2 cup *
- Cooking Oil/Butter – 1/2 tsp (greasing the tin)
- Choco Chips – 1/4 cup
- Walnut – 1/4 cup (roughly chopped)
Note* – The following ingredients can be replaced, as per availability and preference.
- Wheat Flour to Multi Purpose Flour (maida).
- Jaggery to Sugar or Sugar substitutes of your choice.
- Coconut Oil to Cooking oil .
- Milk to plant/nut based milk substitute.
- Firstly pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease the baking tin with some oil/butter.
- In a bowl, sieve and mix the wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coco powder and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the mashed avocado, vanilla extract, jaggery and with a whisk give it a good mix. Once everything has come together, add milk and whisk everything again.
- Now add the dry ingredients (mix prepared in step 2) in batches into the wet ingredients (mix prepared in step 3).
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients with the help of a spatula. Don’t over mix, just as they have all come together.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and tap it the baking tray twice (on the kitchen top), garnish it with some chopped walnuts and choco chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in 180 degree Celsius.
- To ensure if the cake is baked perfectly, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if it comes clean, the cake is ready if not continue baking for some more time.
Note: Every oven is different, kindly set the temperature and time the baking accordingly.
Well as stated earlier, one easy melt in the mouth heathy and nutritious cake is ready to be enjoyed with your daily tea or a coffee routine. It’s time for you to give it a try and share your feedback on how it turned out for you, in the comments section below.